Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Calendar Boutique Exclusive Special Edition ref. Q151844A, case ref. 147.8.41.S
Purchased on; and warranty certificate dated, 3 September 2007. Warranty certificate is dated and includes serial number, owners name and address fields are blank. Certificate printed/stamped with details of JLC boutique in Hong Kong.
Warranty certificate filled in with serial number, date of purchase, and boutique details. Special Certificate of Authenticity included; this document contains details about this special edition boutique exclusive and is signed; by pen (not a printed signature), by then-CEO of JLC, Jérôme Lambert.
Lug width: 20mm
Weight: 78g (watch head)
Cosmetically only very faint hairline scratches. Movement clean. Watch never serviced, but power reserve is still a healthy 42+ hours. Average precision across six positions is -4 seconds at full power reserve, and -9 seconds at half power reserve.
This is a boutique exclusive, special edition Master Calendar from 2006/2007. Special/distinguishing feature(s) include a ruthenium-plated dial in a dark grey colour (vs the normal silver colour) with a subtle brushed sunray texture, caseback engraved with “Edition Spéciale,” and power reserve and seconds hands that are not painted with blue lacquer.
This Master Calendar is a triple calendar watch with hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds, date, day, month, phase of moon and power reserve complications.
Case is made of stainless steel. Exact same case reference number as the regular stainless steel version (147.8.41.S).
Calibre JLC 924:
• 41 jewels
• Mechanical movement with manual winding and uni-directional automatic winding mechanism with ceramic bearings
• Rotor signed and gilt with 22kt gold weight segment
• Two-spoke balance, free-sprung, fitted with four timing screws made of gold
• Balance oscillates at 28,800 bph (4Hz)
• Single barrel, 42+ hours autonomy at full wind
• Base plate in brass, rhodium-coated, finished and decorated with circular-graining/“perlage”
• Movement bridges in brass, rhodium coated, finished and decorated with circular “fausses-côtes” graining/striping
• Black-polished screws with bevelled edges and slots
• Tempered blue screws, heat treated (not dyed)
• Stop-seconds via contact spring stopping balance when crown is pulled to engage the motion-works
• Domed/convex sapphire crystal with anti reflective coating on the under-side
• Flat exhibition caseback; sapphire crystal. Caseback secured with four screws
• Water resistant to 5 ATM
• Quickset pushers on caseband allowing for rapid adjustments of date, month, and phase of moon
• Laser-cut hour and minute alpha-style faceted hands, diamond-polished and matte grain sides with thin application of SuperLuminova in centre recess
• Date of months white on periphery of dial, indicated via a central hand with crescent-shaped tip; in thick red colour paint/lacquer
• Day of week indicated via a sunken aperture, with silver paint framing, at 9 o’clock position of dial
• Month indicated via a sunken aperture, with silver paint framing, at 3 o’clock position of dial
• Power reserve scale shaped in a 60° arc, stepped, text and markers in white, laser-cut alpha-style diamond-polished indicator hand, at 12 o’clock position of dial
• Phase of moon indicated via bosom-shaped cutout in a subsidiary dial with circular rings pattern, markers in white, laser-cut alpha-style diamond-polished subsidiary seconds hand, at 6 o’clock position of dial
• Phase of moon disc in dark blue with matte texture base, domed/concave high-polished moons and laser-engraved stars, in gold
• Laser-cut dart-style diamond-polished applied indices, rhodium-plated
• SuperLuminova luminous paint at 12, 3, 6, 9 o’clock positions on dial
• Jaeger-LeCoultre logo in white, at 9 o’clock position of dial
This special edition was only produced and sold for ONE year—between 2006 to 2007.
There were only a total of 35 pieces produced in stainless steel.
They were sold only in JLC boutiques; offered at full price with no rebates or discounts. Extremely rare, very few have ever surfaced.
Two examples have been auctioned in the past; one by Christie’s in 2010 (estimate HKD 40,000 - HKD 55,000) and one by Sotheby’s in 2013 (estimate HKD 32,000 - HKD48,000). Both hammered for much higher than their high estimate (HKD 81,250 and HKD 68,750 respectively; BEFORE buyer’s premium of 20%)!
This is one of less than five JLCs Master Control models which feature a ruthenium dial NOT cased in precious metal, but stainless steel. The ruthenium dial is usually only featured in models that are cased in 18kt white gold.
Note that JLC watches today use dark grey lacquer/paint, and not even ruthenium plating anymore.
Comes complete with everything. All accessories are original.
Presentation box, pusher tool, original signed double-fold deployant clasp, original OEM brown alligator strap (worn-out condition, but still useable), one EXTRA OEM unused black alligator strap, user manual, guarantee certificate (Certificat de Garantie), special certificate of authenticity (Certificat d’authenticité).
Watch has signs of wear, but they are minimal. Watch has never been knocked or suffered any shocks. Case, movement, dial 100% original, never refinished/polished/touched up.
Watch has never been serviced since it was purchased. A full overhaul isn’t necessary, but it could definitely do with a simple cleaning/lubrication for better timing performance.
This is a real unicorn--truly.
I have done a ton of research on this and I have a whole lot of information about it that I’d be more than willing to share with serious prospects. Lots of photos and videos also available—just get in touch.
I have managed to find only 8 specimens of this exact reference online—so believe me; they’re truly, truly rare.
Located in Kuala Lumpur. My asking price for this incredibly rare piece is now only RM30,000!